Hugh Boyle Navy HMS. Cavendish "C" Class Destroyer.
Pennant number: R15 initially, but changed to D15 in 1945
Cavendo tutus: ‘Safe by taking care‘
Sold for scrap, 2 August 1967
On a Field Blue, a ring Gold nowed at the base by a snake Proper.
HMS Cavendish. Armaments
The main armament of the destroyers consisted of four QF 4.5-inch (114 mm) Mk IV dual-purpose guns, one superfiring pair each fore and aft of the superstructure protected by partial gun shields. Their anti-aircraft suite consisted of one twin-gun stabilised Mk IV "Hazemeyer" mount for 40-millimetre (1.6 in) Bofors guns amidships and two twin and a pair of single mounts for six 20-millimetre (0.8 in) Oerlikon AA guns. The ships were also fitted with two quadruple mounts amidships for 21-inch (533 mm) torpedo tubes. For anti-submarine work, they were equipped with a pair of depth charge rails and four throwers for 108 depth charges.